Information Security Jobs – Africa
Below section is often updated as Information Security jobs becomes available. Please contact the relevant person on the advertisement to apply or get more information. If you have any vacancy in your company related to Information Security in Africa, please contact email@example.com to advertise the job opening here.
Mobius Consulting is an ICT management consultancy which specialises in helping large corporates and other organisations enable themselves via technology whilst at the same time managing the risks introduced by this increased reliance on technology. Our primary focus is to align an organisation’s ICT systems, processes, and people with business functions in order to support and facilitate the business strategy.
We differentiate ourselves by not only identifying improvement areas, but also supplying skills and capacity to enable clients to make the necessary changes.
Our key services include ICT management consulting in the following areas:
• IT Strategy
• IT Governance
• Information Security
• Information Risk Management
• Information Privacy
• Business Continuity / IT Disaster Recovery Management
• Project Management
• Business Process Improvement
Our business is expanding rapidly in various industries (including financial services, retail,
telecommunications, and leisure – to name a few) predominantly in the Johannesburg and Cape Town regions but also outside our borders into the rest of Africa. Therefore we are urgently looking for qualified individuals with 2-5 years experience across one or more of the above services.
Personal characteristics which we’d be looking for include:
• Self-starter, motivated and innovative
• Comfortable engaging with corporate clients
• Comfortable in a dynamic, high-performance environment
• Relevant IT degree
• CISA / CISSP / CISM / CRISC / CGEIT would be an advantage, but not essential
If you meet the above criteria and interested in joining our dynamic business in the
Johannesburg or Cape Town office, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details on our company, visit www.mobiusconsulting.co.za or “Mobius Consulting (South Africa)” on LinkedIn.
Network Security Engineer
High Level Job Description
The primary function of the Network Security Engineer would be to assist in the remediation of network security vulnerabilities detected and identified on various network components (firewalls, routers, etc.) through various technology assessments. This involves implementing and performing the required changes on the vulnerable devices. In addition, this role will also be responsible for implementing changes to enforce any network security policy requirements.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in Network Security, information security and a proven ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines
- -Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, and data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, security incident response, Identity Management (IdM)
- -Administer network and computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls in Windows environment. Analyzes, troubleshoots, and corrects network problems remotely and on-site.
- -Assist with the conduct of risk assessments, penetration tests and diagnose internet/extranet security, intrusion attempts, and cyber-crime response
- -Solid familiarity with application and network security.
- -Assist with the final Project documentations and reports where required.
- -Work in a team
International travel to Ghana
Duration: +/- 60 days
Department of Computer Science:Lecturer (Kresge Accelerated Development Program)
Recognising that diversity is important in achieving excellence, Rhodes University especially encourages South African members of designated groups to apply.
The following are eligible to apply:
a) Black (African, Coloured, Indian and Chinese) men or women postgraduate South African students;
b) African scholars from the rest of Africa (bearing in mind the Department of Labour’s requirements that the post is advertised and there are no suitable South Africans)
c) Those who meet the requirements set out in point a and b above and who show promise in their chosen academic disciplines and who are committed to pursuing a long-term career in the university environment.
This is a three year contract position for those at the beginning of their careers with a possibility for permanent employment thereafter. The successful candidate will be required to submit a development plan within the first three months of their contract. The plan should outline their developmental goals in respect of research, teaching and administration for the three year period.
To apply or to obtain more info: Please click here – >>
Job Location: Standard Bank, 5 Simmonds Street, Johannesburg
Senior Security Consultant at Standard Bank, Application Security Services team you will assess security risks related to our business information technology systems, particularly with their web applications and network infrastructure. Consultants will be required to work with both business and technology audiences within our environments. This role is also a mentorship role and you will be expected to train and assist the Head of Department to train and up skill the junior staff.
Key Result Areas:
- - Deliver security assessment services including network scanning, vulnerability testing, penetration testing, search engine reconnaissance, and help with incident response.
- - Assess information security risks associated with both new and existing web, thin-client, and full-client applications in addition to risks in networks and systems •Communicate findings, risk levels, and fix recommendations verbally and in writing.
- - Review new and emerging exploits and vulnerabilities, and understand how to defend against them.
- - Review both commercial and open-source tools to enhance Standard Banks security testing labs.
- - Cross-train fellow security team members (architects, analysts, and engineers) on the latest tools and techniques.
- - Ensure that threat and vulnerability evaluations are performed on a repetitive basis in compliance with Group Policy.
- - Provide mitigation options to the BISOs / Business leaders, to reduce risk to an acceptable level, based on the value of the resource to the organization.
- - Provide requisite support in the event of any crisis to the relevant stakeholders •Identify, assess and prioritize risks based on clear definitions established with the BISOs.
- - Ensure accountability is assigned for all identified risks, and measure remediation by line of business.
- - Coordinate shared service offerings from Penetration Testing services to its’ customer base.
- - Contribute to development / maintenance of Penetration Testing Service Catalogue.
- - Ensure that declared service levels are being met and provide ongoing support, performance review and mentoring where appropriate.
- - Ensure adherence of penetration testing per the Information Security Policies / Guidelines.
- - Provide recommendations to business and other stakeholders on control measures to minimize and mitigate risk via the bank environment.
- - Provide risk assessment trends to assist with the security awareness programs within the bank.
- - Mentor, educate and coach team members.
- - Cross train certified ethical hackers to better understand the banks’ business lines.
- - Ensure that staff follow relevant bank and compliance policies.
- - University graduation with a degree in Business, IT or a related subject.
- - Appropriate professional accreditation in Ethical Hacking (CEH) / Audit (CISA) / Risk
- - Ethical hacking / audit services 3 – 5 years.
- - SLDC / development / coding via multiple platforms 3 – 5 years.
- - Working in an Information technology role within the banking and /or financial services sector 3 – 5 years.
- - Working with individuals and teams from diverse cultures 3 – 5 years.
- - Working in a multi-vendor and outsourced IT environment Preferred
Skills and Competencies
- - Strategic Thinking.
- - Maintains the perspective of a large scale and aligns actions and contributes to overall organizational strategy enhancement including learning’s from benchmarking activities and reviews.
- - Understands and articulates the projected direction of the organization and how changes might impact the group.
- - Identifies business challenges, researches the extent of the problem and proposes and designs solutions for implementation within or across business units.
- - Recommends solutions relevant to the complexity, scope and magnitude of problems impacting BPS.
- - Ability to deal with a diversity of problems using judgment and discretion.
- - Research new ways of doing things, with a view to constantly improving quality of work.
- - Ability to investigate and analyse the root causes of situations and problems.
- - Come up with creative solutions to problems.
- - Proactive solution management.
- - Process deficiencies preventing effective, efficient and quality application deliveries in the portfolio.
- - Ability to create a structured schedule and plan of the daily, weekly and monthly activities.
- - Ability to think and plan ahead to ensure the successful delivery of outputs.
- - Ability to provide for the portfolio responsible.
- - Improvements to the project delivery process.
- - Improvements to the functional and informational content of applications within the portfolio.
- - Required to analyse and critically evaluate information as well as formulate plans based on multiple sources of information.
- - Ability to manage action plans, review progress and make adjustments where required.
- - Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, patience and negotiation.
- - Coordination of efforts of the various hardware, software and programming resources.
- - Ability to keep up with industry trends and suggest best practices for process improvement.
- - Ability to identify opportunities for system enabled process improvement.
- - Quick to assimilate and integrate new information for informed decision making.
- - Monitor changes in the operating environment, quick to act upon potential opportunities.
- - Able to weigh things up quickly and take the initiative within limits of authority.
- - Coaching: The process of assisting individuals to set goals then supports the execution of the goals through establishing strategy and providing feedback, insight and guidance to enable the individual to reach their fullest potential.
- - Mentoring: The process in which an experienced colleague is assigned to an inexperienced individual and assists in a training and development or general support role.
- - Operate at an technical level.
- - Coaching and training skills.
- - Results orientated.
- - Good written and oral communication skills.
- - Mentor technical personnel.
- - Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- - Ability to function effectively in a matrix structure.
- - Strong networking skills.
- - Team player – approachable, ability to share and consult others.
- - Ability to apply analytical rigor to understand complex business scenarios.
- - An approach that is open to new ideas, practices and methods.
- - The ability to adapt to the requirements of the project, the needs of the sponsors, its environment and people working on it to ensure a successful outcome.
- - Excellent understanding of Core IT concepts.
- - Ability to stay current with IT security trends.